Foxtail millet controls blood sugar & cholesterol. Foxtail millet is low in fat, rich in dietary fibre and protein.
1. Carrot - 1 tbs (Grated)
2. Onion - 1 tbs (Finely Chopped)
3. Red Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp
4. Fennel Powder - 1/4 tsp
5. Asafoetida - A pinch
6. Oil - 1 tbs
For Soaking :
1. Thinai(Foxtail Millet) - 1/2 Cup
2. Thoor Dhal - 1/4 Cup
3. Channa Dhal - 1/4 Cup
4. Moong Dhal - 1/4 Cup
5. Urad Dhal - 1/4 Cup
Other Ingredients :
Salt & Oil as needed.
1. Soak thinal & dhals for 2 hours.
2. Add salt while grinding.
3. Keep the batter aside for 3 hours.
4. Now, in a pan heat oil. Splutter mustard. Add onion & carrot. Saute well.
5. Add chilly powder & fennel powder. Mix thoroughly.
6. Add this to batter. Mix well.
7. Heat a Non-stick Paniyaram pan. Pour a little quantity of oil in the holes of a non-stick paniyaram pan.
8. Pour spoonful of batter in to each hole.
9. Now, medium the flame.
10. After few minutes, turn gently the paniyaram to the other side with a wooden stick.
11. Let that side cook.
12. Once the paniyaram is cooked, serve hot with Coconut Chutney, Tomato & Onion Chutney and Sambar.
You may be interested in :