1.Carrot -3 Nos
2.Milk - 4 Cups
3.Condensed Milk - 1/4 Cup
4.Sugar -1/2 Cup(Add more or less as per your taste)
5.Cashew - 1/4 Cup(Soaked in water 30 minutes before)
6.Saffron - a Pinch(Optional)
1. Peel the carrots and cut them in to medium pieces.
2. Add one cup milk to the carrot pieces and cook for 20 minutes on medium heat.
3. Meanwhile, boil the remaining milk and allow it to cool.
4. Once the carrot get cooked, place it in the processor along with milk, sugar and cashews.
5. Process till smooth. Add this the boiled milk. Now, add the condensed milk.
6. Kheer is ready now.
7. If you have saffron with you, dissolve it in little milk. Once the milk turns yellow, add it to the kheer.
8. Serve chilled.
Note:This measurement gives 5 cups of Kheer. Incase, you don't want to use cashews, you can avoid them. Cashew is just added to give the rich flavour for kheer when served in feasts.
You may be interested in :