I just wanted to start my recipes blog with a delicious dessert. I chose semiya payasam because of the simple recipe and for the great taste.
1. Semiya - 2 cups
2. Milk - 5 cups
3. Condensed Milk - 1/4 cup
4. Water-1 Cup
5. Sugar - 1 cup (add more or less depending on your taste)
6. Ghee - 2 tbsp
7. Cashew nuts - 1/4 cup
8. Raisins - 1/4 cup
9. Cardamom powder - 1tsp
1. Heat ghee in a pan and fry cashews and raisins. Keep aside.
2. In the same pan, roast the semiya till it turns golden brown.
3. Boil water and 2 cups of milk in a thick bottomed vessel.
4. Once the water and milk starts to boil, add the roasted vermicelli. Stir occasionally till vermicelli get cooked.
5. Add sugar and continue stirring till sugar get dissolved completely.
6. If you have saffron, add a pinch of saffron in a little milk and dissolve it. When the milk color turns yellow, add to vermicelli.
7. Now add the remaining milk, condensed milk and cardamom powder. Stir well for 2 minutes.
8. Remove from heat.
9. Finally garnish with roasted cashews and raisins.
Note: Semiya payasam can be served hot or cold. If semiya payasam gets thickened, you can thin it out with boiled milk.
You may be interested in :