1. Raw rice - 1 Cup
2. Tomato - 3 (Medium size)
3. Onion - 1 (Medium size)
4. Green chilly - 2
5. Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
6. Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
7. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
8. Ginger-garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
9. Bay leaf - 2
10. Cinnamon - 2 sticks
11. Saunf/Aniseed - 1/2 tsp
12. Salt - Needed qty
13. Oil - 1 tbs
14. Coriander - Small qty
15. Water - 2 Cups(depending on the nature of your rice add more or less)
1. Take oil in a pan.Add saunf,cinnamon and Bay leaf.
2. Add Ginger-garlic paste.Saute the paste till it turns golden brown.
3. Now,add the chopped onion,tomatoes,turmeric powder,redchilli powder,garam masala and salt.Mix well and saute well till onion turns golden brown.
4. Cover the pan with lid.
5. Keep the stove in low flame for about 15-20 minutes or till it becomes a gravy.
6. Now add the washed raw rice to the cooked content.Mix well,so that the gravy in the pan spreads equally in the rice.
7. Now,take out the pan from stove.
8. Transfer the content from the pan to the rice cooker and add water.
9. Once cooking is done,garnish with coriander leaf.
10. Serve hot with chips and onion raitha.
Note:You can substitute Basmati rice for Raw rice.When Basmati is used, it gives nice aroma and taste.
You may be interested in :
Who tried this recipe?