1. Field bean/Mochai - 2 Cups (Fresh)
2. Onion - 1
3. Red Chillies - 5 or add as per your taste
4. Mustard - Small qty
5. Oil - 1 tbs
6. Salt - Needed qty
7. Lemon Juice - 1.5 tsp
8. Curry Leaf - Small qty
1. Grind onion, red chillies and salt together. Keep aside.
2. Cook field bean in boiling water for 5 minutes and keep aside.
3. In a pan, add oil and then splutter mustard.
4. Then add the contents from the mixer and curry leaf.
5. Medium the flame and then add the cooked bean. Mix well.
6. Cover the pan with a lid and do occassional stirring.
7. Keep it as such for about 15 minutes. Now, add lemon juice and mix well.
8. Garnish with coriander and Serve hot.
Note: You can also use dried mochaikottai . That will also taste good.
Check the other sundal varieties :-
Pattani (Peas) Sundal :
Cooked Peas seasoned with mustard, red chilly and curry leaves.
Karamani Sweet Sundal
Cooked Black eyed bean (Karamani) simmered in jaggery and flavoured with coconut.
Cooked Karamani seasoned with mustard, red chilly and curry leaves.
Vellai Kondaikadalai Sundal
Cooked Chickpeas seasoned with mustard, red chilly and curry leaves and flavoured with coconut.
Cooked Chickpeas, carrot and bell pepper flavoured with ginger-garlic paste and garam masala.