Idiyappam is my all time favourite. Ragi Idiyappam is healthy one and also it tastes great. I don't remember my mom using Ragi that often in our house. She used to make porridge with ragi during summer as it has cooling effect on the body. Few times, she made Idiyappam too. But,only during my post graduation days, I learnt from my friends that we can make so many dishes out of Ragi.
Ragi is very rich in calcium and iron. The regular use of ragi protects from malnutrition,infection and degenerative diseases.
1. Ragi flour - 1 Cup
2. Rice flour - 1 Cup
3. Salt - Needed qty
4. Water - 2 Cups or more (Adjust accordingly)
5. Oil - For greasing
1. Bring water to boil.
2. Mix both the flour and salt together.
3. Now add the boiled water (water should be hot)
4. Make it to soft dough.
5. Grease the idiyappam presser with oil.
6. Load the idiyappam presser with the dough.
7. Gently press on the idly plates and steam cook.
6. Serve with Coconut Milk or any Veg Kurma.