1. Black-Eyed Pea (Karamani) - 2 Cups (Soaked & Cooked)
2. Jaggery - 3/4 Cup (Powdered)
3. Coconut - 1 Cup
4. Ghee - 2 tsp
1. Heat a pan, add ghee and fry the coconut well (till golden brown)
2. Meanwhile, soak the jaggery in water. Filter the syrup and keep ready(don't make it too watery)
3. Add the filtered jaggery syrup to the fried coconut and stir well. Medium the flame.
4. When the syrup and coconut together get thickened add the cooked black-eyed pea and cover the pan with lid.
5. Keep it as such for about 5 minutes.
6. Serve Hot.
Check the other sundal varieties :-
Pattani (Peas) Sundal :
Cooked Peas seasoned with mustard, red chilly and curry leaves.
Cooked Karamani seasoned with mustard, red chilly and curry leaves.
Vellai Kondaikadalai Sundal
Cooked Chickpeas seasoned with mustard, red chilly and curry leaves and flavoured with coconut.
Cooked Chickpeas, carrot and bell pepper flavoured with ginger-garlic paste and garam masala.
Hot'N'Sour Mochai/Kara Mochai
Cooked field bean flavoured with onion and red chilly.
Who tried this recipe?