1. Rice - 2 Cups
2. Carrot - 2 (Cut lengthwise)
3. Beans - 1/2 Cup ( Cut Veg)
4. Peas - 1/4 Cup
5. Potato - 1 ( Cut lenthwise)
6. Chilly - 5 (Add according to your taste)- Slit Lengthwise
7. Onion - 1 (Cut finely in lengthwise)
8. Tomato - 1 (Cut finely)
9. Mint Leaves - Small qty (Cleaned and washed)
10. Coriander - 1/4 Cup (Finely Chopped)
11. Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1.5 tsp
12. Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
13. Garam Masala - 1 tsp
14. Bay leaf - 1
15. Saunf - 1 tsp
16. Cloves - 4
17. Cardamom - 2 (Optional)
18. Lemon Juice/Yogurt - 2 tsp
19. Oil - 1 tbs or enough to fry all Veg
20.Butter/Ghee - 2 tsp
21. Salt - Needed Qty
1. Take a pan and add oil & butter/ghee.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for sometime till the raw smell goes.
3. Now, add bay leaf, saunf, cloves and cardamom. Fry for a minute.
4. Add chillies and onion and fry well. Then add tomato, fry for few minutes then add all other vegetables.
5. Add salt, turmeric powder, garam masala, lemon juice or yogurt. Mix the contents well and cook for about 5 minutes in medium flame.
6. Then, add the chopped mint leaves and mix the contents well.
7. Add the washed rice to the contents in the pan. Mix well and put off the stove.
8. Now transfer the contents to the rice cooker and add water according to your rice nature.(Usually, I add for 1 cup of rice, 2 Cups of water )
9. Once the cooking is done, garnish with chopped coriander.
10.Serve hot with chips, raitha and if possible with some kurma.
You may be interested in :
Who tried this recipe?