Whenever I think of making some simple and quick dish, definitely poha would be my choice. Any dish with poha would take less than 20 minutes. With Poha, I normally prepare Kesari, Puli Aval, Veggie Poha and Payasam. Among these, I have already shared the recipe for the Kesari. In my school days, my mom used to prepare one simple sweet poha dish with coconut and sugar for evenings. That would also taste great. This Veggie Poha is very healthy one and I love it for the great taste. Hope you would also enjoy the taste.
1. Poha/Aval - 1.5 Cups (thick)
2. Onion - 1/4 Cup (Finely Chopped)
3. Carrot - 1/4 Cup (Finely Cut)
4. Bell Pepper - 1/4 Cup (Finely Cut)
5. Coriander - 1/4 Cup (Finely cut to garnish)
6. Green Chilly - 3 (Cut in to pieces)
7. Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
8. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
9. Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
10. Cashew nut - 5 (broken)
11. Groundnut/Peanut - A handful (either cooked or roasted)
12. Oil - 1 tbs
13. Salt - Needed qty
14. Sev - Small qty (Optional)
1. Wash and drain aval/poha and keep aside for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, take a pan and add oil. Fry cashew and then add all the vegetable and fry well.
3. Now, add the turmeric powder, garam masala and salt to the vegetable and mix well.
4. Add the poha, groundnut, sev and then lemon juice and mix well.
5. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.
You may be interested in :