Dear Friends, I'm very happy today. This is my 100th post. If you have not encouraged me through your lovely comments and wonderful awards, I'm sure I wouldn't have posted so many within just 140 days of blogging. Your comments are my source of energy which make me to blog with enthusiasm. My thanks to all my blogger friends who keep encouraging me with their kind words. In my today's post, I'm sharing a sweet recipe to celebrate this wonderful occasion. Also, I'm announcing my first event.
The sweet I've today is one of my mom's speciality sweets. My mom also calls this sweet with another name "Ukkarai".
1. Sooji/Rava - 1 Cup
2. Moong Dhal - 1/2 Cup
3. Jaggery - 3/4 Cup (Powdered) or adjust to your taste
4. Coconut - 1/4 Cup
5. Cashew - 1/4 Cup (Broken and fried in ghee)
6. Ghee - 1/2 Cup
1. Dry roast sooji. Cook with enough water and keep aside.
2. Cook moong dhal. Add it to the cooked sooji. Mix them together thoroughly.
3. Add 1/2 cup water to jaggery and make it to a liquid. Filter and add to the above mixture.
4. Bring the pan to the stove, keep in medium flame for 10 minutes. Stir in between.
5. Add grated coconut and cashews.
6. Add the ghee. Mix well. Keep it as such for another 10 minutes.
7. Remove from stove.
8. Serve hot.
Now, let me tell you about my event. Here, in my first event the main ingredient is FRUIT. But, it is not going to be the usual salad or dessert with fruits. We are going to think beyond those usual dishes. We are gonna make Soups, Curries and Chutneys with fruits. I'm sure that my friends are so innovative and I have no doubt that you would soon fill my inbox with your entries. To make the event much more interesting, I've planned for a surprise gift too. Coming to the rules for the event,
1. Prepare any soup/rasam, curry/gravy/kuzhambu and chutney using any part of the fruit - skin, seed or flesh,etc...
2. You can use any combination of fruits. Also, you can use vegetables along with fruits.
3. You can make the dish sweet or sour or hot.
4. Post the recipes between 1st March and 31st March 2010 in your blog.
5. Only vegetarian recipes will be accepted. No eggs please.
6. Using logo is compulsory. Give link to my event page in your post.
7. No limit to number of entries.
8. Archived entries will be accepted if they are re-posted and linked back to this event.
9. Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Think Beyond the Usual - Fruits" and with the following details.
Your Name :
Your Blog Name :
Recipe Name :
URL of the recipe :
Category (Soup/Curry/Chutney) :
Picture of your recipe :
Your Location :
10. Non-bloggers can send in your entries to the above mail id and the subject line with your name, location, recipe, recipe category and the picture of your recipe.
If you are still unclear about the event, I'l post some recipes soon and you can pick-up the ideas from there. Wish me good luck with my first event and I'l again meet you all with my fruit dishes :-)