I love brocolli but my hubby doesn't. So, I try to avoid brocoli in my daily cooking. But, after seeing Sara's soup event announcement, I couldn't resist myself from making soup with brocoli. Just utilized this chance and bought home lot of brocolli. Today when I made this creamy soup, to my surprise he said that he liked the soup and asked me to prepare it often..Oh, thank God...I don't have to avoid my favourite brocoli any more :-) Just to make the soup much more healthier, I added cooked Lima Bean. You can prepare it without Lima also...
1. Brocoli - 1/2 Cup (Finely chopped florets)
2. Cauliflower - 1/2 Cup (Finely chopped florets)
3. Spinach - 1/2 Cup (Finely chopped)
4. Onion - 1/2 Cup (Finely chopped)
5. Garlic - 2 Cloves(Chopped)
6. Lima Bean - 1/2 Cup (Soaked over night)
7. Milk - 1/2 Cup
8. Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
9. Salt - Needed qty
10. Butter - 1 tsp
11. Water - 1/2 Cup
1. Take butter, onion and garlic in a microwave safe bowl. Keep it on high for 2 minutes.
2. Now, add the chopped florets, spinach, little quantity of salt and half a cup of water.
3. Cook on microwave high for 5 minutes. Allow the contents to cool down.
4. Process in a blender until smooth.
5. Cook soaked Lima bean with salt for 10 minutes on microwave.
6. Boil the milk on microwave and add milk to the contents in the blender. Mix well.
7. Pour in a serving bowl.
8. Add, cooked lima bean. Season with pepper.
9. Serve hot.