In general, we use orange pulp and would throw away the peels. But, the interesting fact is, the orange peel has lot of uses and benefits. Orange peel can help in enhancing skin and overall health. Hence it is used in cosmetic and medicinal purpose.
They have anti-oxidants that help to prevent skin from premature aging. Moreover, it reduces the cholesterol. Apart from these two, it also helps in digestion related problems, acidity and other related problems.
So, instead of throwing away the peels, let us utilize the benefits of peels and start using it in cooking to improve our health.
1. Orange Peels - 1/4 Cup (Cut pieces)
2. Tomato - 1
3. Cooked Thoor Dhal - 1/4 Cup
4. Tamarind Juice - 1/4 Cup
5. Rasam Powder - 3 tsp
6. Red Chilly - 3 (Adjust to your taste)
7. Jeera - 1 tsp
8. Mustard - 1/2 tsp
9. Oil - 2 tsp
10. Ghee - 1/2 tsp
11. Coriander - 1/4 Cup (Finely Chopped)
1. In a pan, add ghee and then add orange peels. Fry for a minute. Keep it aside.
2. Now, to the same pan add oil. Pop mustard. Then add jeera and red chilly.
3. Cut tomato and add it to the pan.
4. Add a tumbler of water, cooked dhal and tamarind juice.
5. Now add rasam powder and salt.
6. Mix well. Add the fried orange peels. Boil well.
7. Garnish with curry leaf and coriander.
8. Serve hot with rice.
This participates in "Think Beyond the Usual - Soup, Curry and Chutney with Fruits" event hosted by me.