I love this beautifully coloured aromatic soup. Red Cabbage is a good source of dietary fiber and it is very rich in Thiamin, Riboflavin, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Vitamin A, C, K, B6, Potassium and Manganese. European folk medicine uses red cabbage to treat acute inflammation.
1. Red Cabbage - 1/2 Cup (Chopped)
2. Onion - 1/4 Cup (Chopped)
3. Cumin - 1.5 tsp (Reserve 1/2 tsp for garnishing)
4. Butter - 1.5 tsp (Reserve 1/2 tsp for garnishing)
5. Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
6. Salt - Needed qty
7. Coriander - Small qty
8. Lemon Juice - 2 tsp
1. In a microwave safe bowl, take 1 tsp of butter. Add cumin and onion.
2. Keep on high for a minute. Take out, mix well and keep again for another 1 minute.
3. Now, add chopped cabbage, 1 cup water and salt.
4. Cook on microwave high for 4 minutes.
5. Let it cool and process in the blender until smooth.
6. Add lemon juice and pepper powder. Mix well.
7. Heat once again just before serving.
8. Garnish with coriander, butter and jeera.