My Dear fellow blogger friends have started to send in their entries to my event. I'm happy to see new and innovative dishes from my friends. Thanks to the ones who have sent me the entries and for my other friends, please start posting the dishes for the event.
Now, to my recipe..today also, I've one unique combo soup to share with you. I should definitely thank Sara for accepting my late entries for the MEC - Soups event. I know, I have been posting lot of soup varieties for last few days...I think, I should stop boring you guys with soups...I'm sure, my next post won't be a soup..let me see if I can post something interesting..have to check my drafts...Ok, now back to my apple & red cabbage soup, my hubby and I loved the taste and color of the soup. Adding cinnamon and cloves gave a nice flavour too...
1. Apple - 1/2 Cup (Finely chopped)
2. Red Cabbage - 1/4 Cup (Finely chopped)
3. Onion - 1/4 Cup (Finely chopped)
4. Clove - 2
5. Cinnamon Stick - 1
6. Pepper - 1 tsp
7. Butter - 1 tsp
8. Salt - Needed qty
1. In a microwave safe bowl, take butter. Add onion and apple. (Reserve some apple pieces for garnishing)
2. Keep on microwave high for 2 minutes. Take out, mix once and keep again for another 1 minute.
3. Then add red cabbage, 1 cup water, cloves and cinnamon stick.
4. Cook on high for 4 minutes.
5. Now, remove the cloves and cinnamon stick. Allow the contents to cool.
6. Process in the blender till smooth.
7. Serve hot seasoned with pepper and apple pieces.
Serves : 1