I learnt this method of making spinach poriyal from my MIL. She would add garlic to spinach poriyal.
1. Spinach - 1 Bunch
2. Onion - 1/2 Cup (Finely Chopped)
3. Garlic - 1 Clove (Finely Chopped)
4. Coconut - 1/4 Cup (Grated)
5. Mustard - 1/2 tsp
6. Urad dhal - 1 tsp
7. Red Chillies - 2
8. Oil - 2 tsp
9. Salt - Needed qty
1. Wash and chop spinach. Cook spinach with salt and keep aside.
2. In a pan, add oil. Pop mustard and then add urad dhal. Fry for few seconds.
3. Add red chillies and then add garlic and onion. Fry well.
4. Add cooked spinach. Mix well. Keep on low flame for 5 minutes.
5. Switch off the stove. Add grated coconut.
6. Serve with any rice.