Hey, yet another recipe with Tapioca (Maravalli Kezhangu). It was last weekend I bought this Daily Delight's frozen tapioca from Indian store. I made Tapioca & Peas Vada that weekend. Today I wanted to make a sweet as it is my hubby's Birthday. A thought was already going on in my mind for last few days about making a halwa out of tapioca. Anyhow, I was not sure how it would turn out. But it really turned out to be a great success. Just try out this and lemme know...
1. Tapioca - 2 Cups (Grated)
2. Sugar - 1 Cup or adjust to your taste
3. Water - 2 Cups + 1/4 Cup
4. Cashew - 1/4 Cup
5. Mixed Nuts - Small Qty (Coarsely powdered)
6. Milk Powder - 1 tbs
7. Kesari Powder - A pinch
8. Cardamom - 5
9. Cloves - 3
10. Ghee - 1/4 Cup
1. Wash grated tapioca twice. Add 2 cups of water and cook.
2. Now, in a pan add 2 tsp of ghee . Then add few broken cashews and cardamom. Fry well.
3. Turn stove to medium. Add sugar and 1/4 Cup water.
4. Add the kesari powder. Mix well.
5. When the sugar is totally dissolved, add the cooked tapioca.
6. Stir well. Add 1 tsp of ghee, cloves and milk powder. Stir well, so that milk powder forms no lumps.
7. Now, grind the remaining cashew coarsely and add it to the contents. Mix well.
8. Stir continuously and add remaining ghee when the contents become thick and in Halwa consistency.
9. Switch off the stove.
10. Serve hot/cold garnished with coarsely powdered nuts.