Thanks friends for all your wishes and the guess about the ingredients of the sweet. The sweet is "Carrot and Bread Halwa". Kudos to the people who found out that carrot is one of the ingredients:-) I added carrot just to make it bit different from the usual bread halwa. My hearty Tamil New Year wishes to you all...
1. Carrot - 1 Cup (Chopped)
2. Bread (Fresh or leftover) - 4 pieces (Don't need to remove the sides)
3. Milk - 1.5 Cups (Boiled)
4. Condensed Milk - 1/4 Cup
5. Sugar - 3/4 Cup or adjust to your taste
6. Ghee - 1/2 Cup
7. Khoa - 1/4 Cup (Grated)
8. Honey - 4 tsp (Optional)
9. Cashew and Almond - Little qty (Broken)
10. Cardamom - 4
1. Take 2 tsp of ghee in a pan. Add the chopped carrot. Fry till raw smell is gone.
2. Pressure cook the carrot with little quantity of milk. Keep aside.
3. Meanwhile, add the remaining milk to the bread pieces and keep them soaked.
4. Keep the cooked carrot and bread pieces along with the milk in the mixer jar and process till they became a smooth paste.
5. Now, add 1/4 cup of ghee and fry the nuts and cardamom well. Add the contents from the mixer to the pan and then add the condensed milk.
6. Medium the heat and keep stirring, till the mixture starts to thicken.
7. Now, add the grated khoa and honey. Mix well. Keep stirring.
8. Take care so that the contents won't get sticked to the pan.
9. Finally, when the mixture comes to halwa consistency add the remaining ghee.
10. Serve hot garnished with grated khoa and nuts.