Idiyappam is the tasty dish and it is an easily digestible food too. Best food suitable for kids as well for elders. Today, I'm sharing a simple and tasty idiyappam.
To prepare Idiyappam, you need rice flour, a pinch of salt, hot water and Idiyappam presser. Make the rice flour to a soft dough with water. Grease the Idiyappam presser with oil. Stuff with the dough and gently press on idly plates and steam cook.
Ingredients (for Coconut idiyappam) :
1. Idiyappam - 2 Cups(Broken)
2. Coconut - 1/2 Cup
3. Sugar - 1/2 Cup or adjust according to your taste
4. Ghee - 1 tsp
5. Cashew nut - 10 (Broken)
6. Cardamom - 4
1. In a pan, add ghee and then cashew and cardamom. Fry for a minute.
2. Medium the flame and then add the grated coconut and fry till it turns golden brown.
3. Add it to the idiyappam. Mix well.
4. Just before serving, add sugar.