Kachumbari is an Eastern African salad primarily prepared with finely cut tomatoes and onions served with pilaf. Sometimes cabbage, chile peppers and other vegetables are included. The basic version is with tomatoes and onions dressed in lemon juice or vinegar. This is the traditional Rwandan (East Africa) recipe.
1. Tomato - 4 (Cut in to thin pieces)
2. Onion - 1 (Large, Cut in to thin pieces)
3. Lemon Juice - 1/2 Cup
4. Salt - Needed qty
5. Coriander - Little qty (Finely Cut)
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Toss to coat all the ingredients with liquid.
3. Set aside in a cool place for atleast 20 minutes.
4. Serve with other Eastern African dishes like Pilaf.