This is such a tasty and healthy rice. The aroma of this rice is too good. For the people who love mint, this is the best rice.
1. Rice - 2 Cups
2. Mint leaves - 2 Cups
3. Channa - 1 Cup or less (Soaked and Cooked)
4. Onion - 1/2 Cup (Finely Chopped)
5. Tomato - 1 (Optional)
6. Green Chillies - 5 or adjust to your taste
7. Coconut - 1/4 Cup (Grated)
8. Bay Leaf - 1
9. Garam Masala - 1.5 tsp
10. Lemon Juice - 2 tsp
11. Oil - 1 tbs
12. Salt - Needed qty
1. In a pan, add a tsp of oil and then add mint leaves.
2. Then add, cut green chillies. Fry them both well.
3. Switch off the stove. Then add the coconut. Mix well and let the mixture cool down.
4. Grind them to a paste and keep aside.
5. In a pan, add the remaining oil. Add bay leaf.
6. Now, add the onion and fry well. Then add tomato. Fry for a minute.
7. Now add the washed rice and the ground mixture. Mix them well.
8. Add salt and garam masala. Finally add the cooked channa.
9. Now, transfer to rice cooker.
10. Once cooking is done, mix the rice well with lemon juice.
11. Serve hot with raitha, kurma and chips.
You may be interested in :