My friend's mom is such an expert in making this 'Pal kozhukattai' and in fact I got the recipe from her when she was here in CA last year. She is such a nice person. Whenever she prepares this, she would immediately send to us. I still remember how much we all enjoyed eating this wonderful sweet. I prepared this last May immediately after getting the recipe from her and after that, I didn't get chance to prepare this lovely dish. So, nearly after an year I made this today. I made few changes to her original recipe.
1. Rice Flour - 1.5 Cups
2. Milk - 1 Cup
3. Water - 2 Cups
4. Coconut - 1 Cup (Grated)
5. Sugar - 1/4 Cup
6. Jaggery - 1/4 Cup (Powdered)
7. Cardamom - 4
8. Salt - 1/2 tsp
9. Oil - Just enough to grease palm while rolling the dough to balls
1. Add salt to the flour. Now, boil 1 cup of water and add it to flour. Add 1/4 cup of coconut to the flour.
2. Make them in to a soft dough (Adjust water accordingly. The dough should be like chapathi dough)
3. Now, grease the palms with oil and roll the dough in to small round balls. Once done, keep them aside.
4. Add remaining 1 cup water, 1 cup milk, sugar and cardamom. Bring to boil.
5. When the mixture starts to boil, medium the stove.
6. Add the rolled balls. They would immerse completely and when cooked they would float on the top.
7. Now, add the powdered jaggery and mix well.
8. Finally, grind the coconut with little water and add it to the contents boiling.
9. Stir well and allow to boil till the mixture gets thickened. Switch of the stove.
10. Serve hot or cold. Tastes great when served cold.
Note : You can also prepare it by adding sugar alone or jaggery only.
Who tried this recipe?