I've already posted few recipes with black eyed pea and here is another very simple but delicious recipe.
1. Black Eyed Pea - 1 Cup (Soaked and cooked)
2. Oil - 1 tsp
3. Mustard - 1 tsp
4. Curry Leaf - little qty
5. Asafoetida - A pinch
6. Salt - Little qty
7. Coconut - 4 tsp (Grated)
8. Red Chilly - 2
1. Cook soaked black eyed pea with little salt.
2. Now, in a pan add oil. Heat it.
3. Then add mustard and once it popped add asafoetida, red chillies and curry leaves. Fry for few seconds.
4. Add cooked black eyed pea. Mix well.
5. Turn off the stove. Then add the grated coconut.
6. Serve as evening snack.
Check the other sundal varieties :-
Pattani (Peas) Sundal :
Cooked Peas seasoned with mustard, red chilly and curry leaves.
Karamani Sweet Sundal
Cooked Black eyed bean (Karamani) simmered in jaggery and flavoured with coconut.
Cooked Chickpeas seasoned with mustard, red chilly and curry leaves and flavoured with coconut.
Cooked Chickpeas, carrot and bell pepper flavoured with ginger-garlic paste and garam masala.
Hot'N'Sour Mochai/Kara Mochai
Cooked field bean flavoured with onion and red chilly.
Who tried this recipe?