Card from 123greetings.com
Today, I've a sweet for my mom and for all the wonderful moms in the world. The sweet I've is "Coconut Burfi", which is my mom's favourite.
1. Coconut - 2 Cups (Grated)
2. Sugar - 1 Cup
3. Water - 1.5 Cups
4. Milk - 2 tbs
5. Cardamom - 4
6. Ghee - 1 tbs (reserve little qty for greasing plate)
1. First heat the pan, now add the grated coconut.
2. Medium the flame, fry till the coconut turns golden brown. Keep it aside.
3. Now, boil water in a heavy bottomed non-stick vessel or any pan. When water boils well, add the sugar and cardamom.
4. Wait till the sugar dissolves completely. Then add 2 tbs of milk.
5. Add the fried coconut. Stir continuously till the mixture get very thick and doesn't stick to sides.
6. Add ghee and mix well.
7. Transfer the mixture to ghee greased plate.
8. Flattened the mixture using ghee greased knife.
9. Cut in to pieces when the mixture is slightly warm and starts to solidify.
10. Allow till they completely solidify and then serve.
Hope you all love this sweet. I'm sending this straight to "Jyoti's Mother's Day Event".