We have my sister Bharati again with us. She was my first guest in this guest post series. You can read about her and her delicious "Fruit Halwa" recipe here. Now, let us see what she has to share with us today.
I never expected that Nithu would ask me for the second guest post. Thank you so much Nithu for giving me this opportunity . I'm glad that I could meet you all again through this post. Guess, you guys are all doing great and enjoying the summer. I've a traditional recipe "Aapam & Thengai Pal (Coconut Milk)". The reason for selecting this today is, in Aapam we use "Fenugreek Seeds" which give cooling effect to the body. So, it is a must to use these seeds in cooking especially during summer. Apart from that it has also got many medicinal properties. Coconut Milk cures mouth ulcers and to know more about the medicinal properties of coconut milk click here. Let me move to my recipe now...
1. Raw Rice - 1 cup
2. Idly Rice - 1 cup
3. Urad dhal - less than 1/4 cup
4. Cooked(Cooled) Rice - A Handful (You can use poha instead of rice)
5. Fenugreek - 4 tsp
1. Soak all for about 3 to 4 hours.
2. Grind and add salt. Mix well.
3. Allow it to ferment for atleast 8 hours.(It would taste better if you could ferment more than 8 hours.)
4. Make Aapam in a Aapam pan.
5. Serve with coconut milk.(Mix milk with either sugar or jaggery just before serving. I used sugar)
Hope to meet you all sometime again here :-) Thanks...