I prepared this rice for yesterday's lunch. This tasted so good and we loved the colour of the rice.
1. Basmati Rice - 2 Cups
2. Spinach (Chopped) - 2 Cups (Cook & grind to paste)
3. Peas - 1/2 Cup (fresh/Frozen)
4. Onion - 1/2 Cup (Finely Chopped)
5. Tomato - 1 (Chopped)
6. Ginger - Garlic Paste - 1/2 tsp
7. Red Chilly Powder - 1.5 tsp or adjust to your taste
8. Garam Masala - 1 tsp
9. Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
10. Oil - 1 tbs
11. Salt - Needed qty
12. Coriander - For garnishing
1. Wash rice and keep aside.
2. In a pan add oil and ginger garlic paste. Fry till the paste turns golden brown.
3. Add onion, tomato and peas. Fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add the cooked and ground spinach.
5. Now, add the red chilly powder, salt and garam masala. Mix the contents well.
6. Add the washed rice. Mix till the rice get coated well with the contents in the pan.
7. Transfer to the rice cooker. Add required water and cook. (I used 4 cups for water for 2 cups of rice, adjust accordingly)
8. Once, cooking is done, splutter cumin and add to the rice. Mix well.
9. Finally, garnish with coriander and serve hot with any raitha or kurma.
You may be interested in :