Tamarind poha upma is the quickest, easiest and tastiest dish. I learnt this from my mom. Mom used to add peanuts to this upma but just for a change, this time I replaced peanuts with sprouted black channa.
1. Poha (Thick) - 2 Cup
2. Sprouted Channa - 1/2 Cup (Cooked)
3. Onion - 1/2 Cup (Chopped)
4. Tamarind Juice (thick consistency) - 1/4 Cup
5. Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
6. Oil - 1/2 tbs
7. Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
8. Mustard - 1 tsp
9. Red Chillies - 3 or adjust to your taste
10. Curry leaf - few
11. Salt - Required qty
1. Wash poha and soak it in water for 5 minutes
2. Drain water and squeeze out any extra water from the poha.
3. Add turmeric powder, salt and tamarind juice. Mix well.
4. Keep it as such for 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat oil and then add mustard. Once it get popped, add asafoetida, red chillies and curry leaf. Fry for sometime.
6. Then add the onion. Saute till onion turns to golden brown.
7. Now, add the poha and cooked channa.
8. Mix well and keep in medium flame for another 5 - 10 minutes.
9. Serve hot with coconut chutney or just the upma alone.
You may be interested in :