Thank you Friends for the wishes on my yesterday's post. Today, I'm sharing my Dad's & Father-in-law's favourite sweet "Beetroot Halwa". This goes straight to Jay's wonderful event "I Love My Dad".
1. Beetroot - 2 Cups (Grated)
2. Sugar - 1 Cup or adjust to your taste.
3. Milk - 2 Cups (Boiled)
4. Ghee - 1/2 tbs + 1/2 tbs (Totally 1 tbs)
5. Nuts - For Garnishing.
1. Add grated beetroot to a dry non-stick pan. Stir continously on the medium flame for atleast 5 minutes or till the beetroot becomes dry and soft.
2. Now, add 1/2 tbs of ghee and mix well, so that the ghee coats the beetroot well.
3. Add sugar and milk now. Mix and allow the contents to cook well in medium flame with occasional stirring.
4. The contents will take atleast 20 to 30 minutes to get cooked and thicken.
5. Finally, add the remaining 1/2 tbs of ghee. Mix well.
6. Garnish with nuts and serve warm.
1. You can add cardamom powder.
2. You can serve warm beetroot halwa over a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Who tried this recipe?