A large pack of corn was in my freezer for more than a month. I couldn't even recollect why I bought this much of corn. Last weekend we couldn't go for vegetable shopping as we had some other jobs to be taken care of. So, I decided to manage the whole week with frozen products that had been in the freezer for long. This of course helped me to clean up my freezer :-)
Few days back Priya posted this "Mixed Veggies Pepper Rice". The minute I saw this lovely recipe, I bookmarked it. As I didn't have any vegetable at hand, I just used the frozen corn. Luckily I had some green onions in my fridge. Although it was not that much fresh, I decided to use that also. I gave a twist to Priya's recipe by adding garlic and red chilly powder. The rice turned out to be very delicious. Thanks Priya for this wonderful recipe.
1. Basmati Rice - 1 Cup
2. Sweet Corn - 1/2 Cup
3. Green Onion - 1/2 Cup (Chopped)
4. Onion - 1/4 Cup (Chopped)
5. Garlic - 1 Clove (Minced)
5. Red Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp
6. Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
7. Soya Sauce (Light) - 4 tsp
8. Salt - Needed Qty
9. Oil - 1 tbs
10. Coriander - To Garnish
1. Cook Basmati rice and let it cool.
2. In a pan, add oil. Then add minced garlic. Fry for sometime.
3. Add chopped onion. Fry till onion turns transparent.
4. Now, add corn and green onion. Fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add red chilly powder, pepper powder, salt and soya sauce. Mix well.
6. Finally add rice. Mix well.
7. Keep in medium heat for 5 - 10 minutes.
8. Garnish with coriander.
9. Serve hot.
You may be interested in :