On Friday, I just posted the picture of "Poha & Dates Payasam". Here goes the recipe for that wonderful yummy payasam. I didn't add sugar. So, this is absolutely a healthy dessert.
1. Poha - 1/2 Cup
2. Dates - 15 or more
3. Milk - 4 Cups (Boiled) (Chill one cup of milk)
4. Cardamom - 3
5. Cashew - 6 (Broken)
6. Ghee - 1 tsp
7. Honey - little qty (Optional)
1. Dry roast the poha till golden brown.
2. Grind to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
3. Cook dates in 1 Cup of milk.
4. Cool and grind to a smooth paste.
5. Cook powdered poha in 2 cups of milk.
6. Now, add the ground dates paste to the cooked poha.
7. Thin out with remaining chilled milk.
8. Fry cashew and cardamom in ghee and add to the payasam.
9. Mix well. Garnish with a tsp of honey.
10. Cool. Thin out with chilled milk if needed.
11. Serve immediately.
1. You can add sugar, if you want payasam to be sweeter.
2. This poha payasam would get thicker if it is not served immediately. You can add chilled milk to thin it out.
You may be interested in :