This is my mom's recipe. This Halwa is prepared with raw rice, coconut and jaggery. A very easy and quick halwa.
1. Raw Rice - 1 Cup
2. Coconut - 1/2 Cup (Grated)
3. Jaggery - 3/4 Cup (Grated) or adjust to your taste
4. Cashew & Raisin - For Garnishing
5. Water - 2 Cups
6. Ghee - 1 tbs
1. Soak raw rice for atleast an hour or till the rice becomes soft enough to grind well.
2. Grind the rice with coconut till smooth.
3. Add 1 cup of water to jaggery and make it as syrup. Filter and keep aside.
4. In a non-stick pan, add the ground rice and coconut along with remaining 1 Cup of water and jaggery syrup.
5. In a medium heat with continuous stirring, cook the contents.
6. They would get cooked in less time and when they comes to halwa consistency, add ghee.
7. Mix well so that the contents would not stick to the sides of the pan.
8. Switch off the stove.
9. Garnish with cashew and raisin.
10. Serve hot or cold.
You may be interested in :