I always use lot of sprouts in my day-to-day cooking. Sprouts are very good for health. They are rich in digestible energy, bioavailable vitamins, minerals, amino acids and proteins (Source :Wiki).
I made slight variation to usual okra masala by adding sprouted channa. This tasted delicious with rice and chapathi.
1. Okra - 2 Cups (Cut in to 1 inch pieces)
2. Sprouted Kala Channa - 1 Cup (Cooked with pinch of salt)
3. Onion - 1/2 Cup (Chopped)
4. Tomato - 2 (Finely chopped)
5. Red Chilly powder - 1.5 tsp or adjust to your taste
6. Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
7. Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
8. Mustard - 1 tsp
9. Coconut - 1 tbs
10. Cashew - 2 (Whole)
11. Salt - Needed Qty
12. Yogurt - 1 tsp (Optional)
13. Oil - 1 tbs
14. Coconut milk - 1/2 Cup
1. Add little oil on a pan along with cut okra. Fry well. Keep it aside.
2. Now, add remaining oil. Splutter mustard.
3. Add onion and tomato. Fry well.
4. Add okra, cooked channa, red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt.
5. Mix everything together. Medium the flame. Close with a lid. Stir occasionally.
6. Once the contents get cooked well, add coconut milk.
7. After 5 minutes on a medium flame, add ground coconut and cashew.
8. Wait till contents get thickened.
9. After it gets cooled down, add 1 tsp of yogurt (Optional).
10. Serve hot with chapathi, poori, Naan, rice, etc...