Happy Friendship Day to you all :-) Suzhiyan is one of our favourite sweets. This involves simple procedure.
1. coconut - 1/2 Cup(Grated)
2. Jaggery - 1/2 Cup (Powdered)
3. Channa Dhal - 1/2 Cup
4. Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
1. Maida - 3/4 Cup
2. Salt - 1/2 tsp
4. Oil - For Frying
1. Mix the maida, salt and water. The batter should be thin like dosa batter.
2. Pressure cook the channa dhal.
3. Mash the dhal.
4. Take little water in a pan.Add jaggery and cardamom powder.
5. Once jaggery get dissolved, add the coconut and channa dhal.
6. Mix them well without any lumps.
7. Wait till they become thick.
8. Cool and roll in to small balls.
9. Heat Oil. Put the balls in to batter and coat them with batter.
10. Drop in to oil and fry well.
11. Drain excess oil on a kitchen towel.
12. Serve hot.
Along with this,
all goes to Umm's Iftar Moments : Hijri 1431
and Sri's EFM : Sweets and Savories Diwali Series