I had this recipe in my draft for long. Actually, I prepared this soup for my very first event "Think Beyond the Usual-Fruits" but couldn't post the recipe by then due to lack of time. Yesterday, while I was going through the drafts, I found this. I prepared this soup for lunch, on a day, when I had no mood for elaborate cooking. The vibrant colour of the soup really made me fresh and I still remember the taste of kiwi in the soup. The soup is really for the Kiwi lovers.
1. Beetroot - 3/4 Cup (Grated)
2. Kiwi - 1/4 Cup (Chopped)
3. Apple - 1/4 Cup (Chopped)
4. Onion - 1/4 Cup (Chopped)
5. Garlic - 2 Cloves
6. Oil - 1/2 tbs
7. Salt - Needed Qty
8. Pepper Powder - 1 tsp or less
9. Lemon Juice - 1 tsp (Optional)
1. In a pan, oil oil and then add the vegetables and fruits.
2. Saute till soft.
3. Add enough water and salt. Cover the pan and cook the contents on medium heat.
4. Once cooked, remove from stove, let it cool.
5. Blend with pepper powder till smooth. Add extra water, if needed.
6. Again, bring to boil and serve hot with toasted bread or you can refrigerate and serve cold.
7. Just before serving add the lemon juice.
You may be interested in :