Today's recipe, Kollu Rasam is one of the traditional dishes. Kollu has lot of medicinal value and and it is used in Ayurvedic medicine. Click here to know more about Kollu health benefits.
1. Sprouted Kollu - Less than 1/4 Cup
2. Tomato - 1 (Finely Chopped)
3. Garlic - 2 Cloves (Chopped Finely)
4. Tamarind Juice - 1/2 Cup (thin Juice)
5. Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
6. Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
7. Sambar Powder - 1/2 tsp
8. Red Chilly - 3 or adjust to your taste
9. Salt - Needed Qty
10. Mustard - 1/2 tsp
11. Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
12. Oil - 1 tsp
13. Curry Leaves - few
14. Coriander leaves - for garnishing
1. Cook sprouted horsegram till soft with enough water. (Cook for 8 or 9 whistle in a pressure cooker).
2. In a bowl, mash the cooked horsegram. To that, add tamarind juice, tomato, sambar powder, turmeric powder, salt, asafoetida, garlic and 1/4 cup water if needed.
3. Now, heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard and cumin. Add red chillies, fry for a minute. Then add curry leaves and then add the contents from the bowl.
4. Allow the rasam to boil well.
5. Garnish with coriander.
6. Serve hot with rice or you can have it just like soup.
Serves : 2