1. Plaintain - 2
2. Red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
3. Sambar Powder - 1.5 tsp
4. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
5. Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
6. Tamarind paste - 1/4 tsp
7. Salt - Needed Qty
8. Oil - 3 tsp
1. Peel and slice the plaintain round and medium thick pieces.
2. In a bowl mix all the ingredients except the oil.
3. Mix them well, so that the plaintains are all well coated.
4. Cover the bowl and keep it as such for about 15-30 minutes.
5. Heat a non-stick dosa pan and add 2 tsp of oil.
6. Place the masala coated plantain pieces. Medium the flame.
7. Cover with a lid. Allow the plantains to cook for about 10 minutes.
8. Now, turn to the other side. Add a tsp of oil and let it cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
9. This can be served as a snack or can be served as a side dish for rice.
Who tried this recipe?