Chandrika Masala company is based out of Texas. They prepare all flours & masala in a hygienic way. They also offer variety of healthy products for people who have high allergies or diabetes, cholestrol. I feel that this is a boon to people like us living here in US. They sent me a pack of Biryani Masala to do the review. I prepared this Red Kidney Bean and Mint Biryani using their masala. We really loved the flavour of the masala.
1. Basmati Rice - 1 Cup
2. Onion - 1/2 Cup (Chopped)
3. Tomato - 1 (Chopped)
4. Mint Leaves - 1/2 Cup
5. Green Chilly - 3 or adjust to you taste
6. Red Kidney Bean - 1/2 Cup (Soaked and Cooked)
7. Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
8. Chandrika Biryani Masala (or any Biryani or Garam Masala) - 1 tsp
9. Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
10. Salt - Needed Qty
11. Oil - 1 tbs
12. Coriander Leaves - 1/4 Cup (Finely Chopped)
1. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan. Fry green chillies and mint together. Cool, grind and keep aside.
2. Add remaining oil in the pan. Fry ginger-garlic paste till golden brown. Add onion and tomato. Fry till onion turns golden brown.
3. Add cooked Red Kidney Bean, Chandrika Biryani Masala, Turmeric Powder and Salt. Mix well.
4. Now, add the ground mint and green chillies. Mix everything together and keep the contents in medium flame for 5 minutes. Put off the flame.
5. Add washed basmati rice. Mix well and cook in rice cooker.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.
7. Serve hot with raitha and chips.
In general, I used to add whole spices along with garam masala in Biryani. But this time, I just avoided all those spices and used Chandrika Biryani Masala alone. Just a teaspoon of this Biryani Masala did the job of all the whole spices and the Biryani filled our whole house with nice aroma. Chandrika Biryani masala is a perfect blend of spices like Fennel, Nutmeg, Mace, etc... Also, I felt that the cost of the masala is not too high. They offer 100gms of Biryani masala for $3. They sell masalas in neat packs with proper label. Personally, I'm satisfied with their Biryani masala and hope to try out few products from them soon.
I received their product to do the review. I was not compensated in anyway for this post. All the opinions in this post are 100% mine.
You may be interested in :