Brindha and Vivek were really happy to receive those lovely wishes from you all. Thank you friends :-)
Beetroot is my favourite vegetable right from my childhood days. Always, the coloured vegetables are good for health and I don't think, anyone would dislike a vegetable that has got many medicinal value. Beet greens and Beetroot are high in phosphorus, magnesium, iron and vitamin B6. Beetroot is effective in treating blood pressure, gastric ulcer, Cancer, gall bladder & kidney ailments and many more diseases.
Beetroot Kurma is prepared with just a few basic ingredients and this can be served as a side dish to any Indian bread variety and mildly flavoured rice dishes.
1. Beetroot - 1/2 Cup (Chopped)
2. Onion - 1/2 Cup (Chopped)
3. Tomato - 1 (Finely Chopped)
4. Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1/2 tsp
5. Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
6. Red Chilly Powder - 1 tsp or adjust to your taste
7. Garam Masala - 1 tsp
8. Coconut - 1 tsp (Grated)
9. Poppy seed - 3/4 tsp (Soak for 30 minutes)
10. Cashew - 3
11. Coriander Leaves - For garnishing
12. Oil - 1 tbs
13. Salt - Needed Qty
1. Heat oil, add onion and saute till tender.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw smell is gone.
3. Add chopped tomato and beetroot. Saute for about 5 minutes.
4. Now, add coriander powder, chilly powder, garam masala salt. Mix with the contents in the pan.
5. Add water and cover the pan with lid.
6. Meanwhile, grind coconut, soaked poppy seeds and cashew to a fine paste. Keep aside.
7. Once the beetroot is cooked well, add the ground masala. Mix well and medium the flame.
8. Switch off the stove when the contents get thickened.
9. Garnish with coriander.
10. Serve hot with any Indian roti or rice.
You may be interested in :
Who tried this recipe?