Cake truffles are actually bite sized delectable balls. They are often referred as cake balls or cake bites. Cake truffles are the combination of cake and frostings. These cake truffles are very easy to make.
The recipe is very versatile. You can prepare the cake truffles with varied combinations of cake and frosting.
2. Chocolate Frosting - 16 oz
3. Chocolate bars
4. Nuts - Coarsely Powdered (Optional)
1. Crumble the cake while it is warm.
3. Now, add the frosting to the cake.
4. Roll the mixture in to small balls and late them cool completely.
5. Melt the chocolate over a double-boiler.
6. Now, stir in coarsely powdered nuts (optional)
7. Use two forks to roll the balls in the chocolate.
8. Place the chocolate coated balls on wax paper.
9. Decorate while the coating is still wet.
10. Serve once the chocolate coating is completely cooled and hardened.
11. The cake truffles are best served at room temperature. They can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.