Nithu's Kitchen completes a year today with 300 posts and 221 friends through Google Friend Connect. Thank you friends for your support and encouragement. Hope, you all would continue to support me throughout this journey. My special thanks to my Hubby, Dad, Mom and Sister for their constant encouragement.
To celebrate this great day, I made Eggless Carrot Cake. I know, most of you here are good bakers with a wonderful skill for icing. This is the very first time, I tried my hands to do some designs on a cake :-)) So, please bear with my extremely non-professional icing :-(
On this special day, I would like to share few important happenings of Nithu's kitchen for the period of one year (13th Oct, 2009 - 13th Oct, 2010).
Milestones / Important Posts :
1. 100th Post on Feb 28, 2010 - This post was an event announcement to mark the completion of 100 posts. It took me nearly 4.5 months for 100 posts.
2. 150th Post on April 13, 2010 - This post marked 6 months completion of the blog. This was just a recollection of six months important happenings in Nithu's Kitchen.
3. 200th Post on June 4, 2010 - This post was an event announcement to mark the 200th post.
4. 250th Post on August 5, 2010 - This post was my first guest host event announcement.
Events Conducted :
3. CWF - LB : Chickpeas (Guest hosted)
4. Celebrate Sweets - Ladoo (Guest hosted)
5. Vegetable Marathon - Bitter Gourd (Guest hosted, Ongoing event)
Giveaways Hosted :
1. 100th Post giveaway ($25) - Champa won the event for more number of entries.
2. 200th Post giveaway (Cook Book) - Krishnaveni won the event
3. UPrinting giveaway - Swapna was randomly selected from the comments left.
4. CSN Giveaway ($35) - Amritha Kalyani was randomly selected from the comments left.
Guest Posts :
I started this Guest post series on March 8th,2010 to mark the International Women's Day. My sister kick started the series well. On Mothers Day, my Mom was the special guest. So far 30 guests (bloggers & non-bloggers) were introduced in this series. Thanks to all of you for your support.
Food Fiction :
Recipes featured in Media :
8. Bubble Chocolate giveaway winner at Foodlovers (Yet to receive the chocolates. Will be blogging about it soon)
Other Awards :
My blogger friends have passed me many awards as their token of love. Thanks to all of you for the awards. Click here to see the awards received.
I'l catch you all with the recipe for the Eggless Carrot Cake in next post. Till then enjoy the cake:-)