During Navaratri festival Shakti (Devi) is workshipped for nine days and Golu is kept in houses to celebrate the Navaratri. Sundal or Sweet is prepared in home and given as prasadam.We don't keep Golu in our house. My friend Nivi Karthik celebrate Navaratri every year at her home and below is her Golu picture.
As, today is the first day of Navaratri and I'm here with a simple sundal recipe.
1. Chickpeas - 1 cup (Soaked and cooked with salt)
2. Oil - 1 tsp
3. Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
4. Urad Dhal - 1/2 tsp
5. Red Chilly - 2 / Green chilly 2
6. Curry leaves - A few
7. Coconut - 1 tbs
1. Heat oil and splutter mustard. Add urad dhal, curry leaves and chilly. Fry for a minute.
2. Add the cooked chickpeas. Mix well.
3. Switch off the stove and then add coconut.
4. Serve immediately or later.
Check the other sundal varieties :-
Pattani (Peas) Sundal :
Cooked Peas seasoned with mustard, red chilly and curry leaves.
Karamani Sweet Sundal
Cooked Black eyed bean (Karamani) simmered in jaggery and flavoured with coconut.
Cooked Karamani seasoned with mustard, red chilly and curry leaves.
Cooked Chickpeas, carrot and bell pepper flavoured with ginger-garlic paste and garam masala.
Hot'N'Sour Mochai/Kara Mochai
Cooked field bean flavoured with onion and red chilly.
Who tried this recipe?
1. Priya Satheesh