As I was going through my drafts today, I found this murukku recipe. I made this couple of months ago but didn't get a chance to post. Just thought it would be apt to post now as Diwali is nearing. Checkout my Thenkaipal Mullu Murukku also.
1. Rice flour - 2 Cups
2. Besan Flour - 1/2 Cup
3. Urad dhal Flour - 1/2 Cup
4. Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
5. Sesame seeds - 1 tsp ( I used white one)
6. Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
7. Butter - 2 tbs
8. Salt - Needed Qty
9. Oil - For frying
1. Mix all the ingredients except oil.
2. Prepare a smooth dough by adding water a little by little.
3. Fix single star plate in murukku maker.
4. Grease the inside of the murukku maker with oil.
5. Stuff the murukku maker with dough.
6. Heat oil and directly press murukku in the oil.
7. Fry till crisp.
8. Drain excess oil on paper towel.
9. Store in an air tight container.