Thank you friends for your lovely wishes on my yesterday's post.
This Pavarkaai fry is such a simple and quick recipe. Though, I call it a fry, it doesn't actually need to be fried in oil. It needs just one or two teaspoons of oil. I have already high-lighted the benefits of bitter gourd here. It is always good to incorporate this healthy vegetable in our daily cooking as it protects us against various diseases.
1. Bitter gourd - 2
2. Tamarind paste - 1/4 tsp
3. Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
4. Salt - Needed Qty
5. Sambar Powder - 1 tsp
6. Mustard - 1/2 tsp
7. Oil - 2 tsp
8. Curry Leaves - A few
1. Cut bitter gourd and remove seeds (Seeds are actually edible and you can use it as such)
2. Cook with enough water, tamarind paste, salt and turmeric powder. (See here - step 1 & 2 pictures)
3. Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard. Add curry leaves. Fry for a minute.
4. Now, add the cooked bitter gourd. Add sambar powder and mix well, till all the pieces get coated.
5. Cover the pan with a lid. Let the bitter gourd fry on low heat till crisp.
6. After about 10-15 minutes, switch off the stove.