I used to prepare stuffed rice but this time just for a change, I stuffed aval/poha upma. I used idly steamer this time to cook the bell pepper. You can use oven to prepare these stuffed dishes. I'l come up with another dish using oven method soon.
1. Bell Pepper - 1 (Any colour)
2. Poha - 1 Cup (Soaked for 10 minutes)
3. Onion - 1/4 Cup (Finely Chopped)
4. Peas - 1/4 Cup (Fresh)
5. Tomato - 1 (Chopped)
6. Green Bell Pepper - 1/4 Cup (Chopped)
7. Green Chilly - 2 (Chopped) or adjust to your taste
8. Mustard - 1 tsp
9. Urad Dhal - 1 tsp
10. Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
11. Salt - Needed Qty
12. Oil - 1 tbs
13. Curry Leaves & Coriander - For Garnishing
1. Wash and dry Bell pepper.
2. Cut the top of the bell pepper. Remove seeds.
3. Brush some oil and throw some pepper and salt. Keep aside.
4. Now, in a pan add oil. Pop mustard and then add urad dhal.
5. Add chopped onion, tomato, bell pepper, green chillies and peas. Fry well.
6. Add soaked and squeezed poha. Mix well. Cook for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
7. Now, Place the bell pepper in idly steamer. Steam for 10 minutes or till cooked.
10. Enjoy hot with Sauce or Chutney.
You may be interested in :