A simple, creamy and delicious Aloo-Gobi Masala goes good with any Indian bread and rice.
1. Cauliflower - 1 Cup (Cut Florets)
2. Potato - 2 (Cut in to cubes)
3. Tomato - 3
4. Bell Pepper - 1 Small sized (Cut in to equal sized square pieces)
4. Ginger - 1 tsp (Grated)
5. Green Chillies - 2 (Finely Chopped)
6. Mint - A handful(Optional)
7. Cashewnuts- 3
8. Milk - 3/4 Cup
9. Yogurt - 1 tbs
10. Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
11. Garam Masala - 1 tsp
12. Red Chilly Powder - 3/4 tsp or adjust to your taste.
13. Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
14. Cumin Seeds - 1/2 Tsp
15. Salt - Needed Qty
16. Oil - 1.5 tbs
1. Heat a little oil. Fry mint leaves and keep aside.
2. Again in the same pan, heat another teaspoon of oil. Add chopped tomatoes and cashew. Saute for few minutes. Remove from stove. Let it cool down. Grind and keep aside.
3. Meanwhile, half-cook cauliflower and potatoes in a microwave or on stove top.
4. Now, add the remaining oil in a pan. Add cumin and fennel seeds. Fry for a minute.
5. Add grated ginger, chopped green chilles and bell pepper. Saute for few minutes.
6. Add half-cooked cauliflower and potatoes. Saute them well.
7. Add coriander powder, garam masala, red chilly powder and salt. Mix them well with the contents already in the pan. Keep sauting for few minutes.
8. Add ground tomatoes and cashew mixture to the pan. Let them cook for few minutes.
9. Medium the flame and then add milk and let the vegetable cook on this creamy mixture.(will take approximately 15-20 minutes on medium flame)
10. Switch off the stove. Stir-in the yogurt.
11. Garnish with mint.
You may be interested in :