The moment, I saw this bourbon biscuits in Sujana's blog, I decided to bake them. But, she used egg in her recipe. I browsed for egg less ways to bake these cute yummy sandwich biscuits. I found some recipes and made few changes to the ingredients and my favourite biscuits turned out so good.
1. All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
2. Butter – ¼ cup
3. Sugar – 1/2 cup
4. Instant Coffee Powder - 1/2 tsp (Optional)
5. Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
6. Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
7. Cocoa – 1 tbs
8. Vanilla Essence – 3/4 tsp
9. Honey – 1.5 tsp
10. Milk - 3-4 tbs
For the Filling :
1. Butter – 1/4cup
2. Icing Sugar – 1/3 cup
3. Cocoa – 1 tsp
4. Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
1. Sieve all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa together.
2. In a bowl, mix butter, sugar, vanilla essence and honey together.
3. Now, mix the sieved dry ingredients and instant coffee powder with the above butter-sugar mixture. Add milk a little by little to make a soft dough.
4. Spread a plastic sheet. Dust it with a little flour. Now, roll out the prepared dough.
5. Cut the rolled dough in to equal sized rectangles.
6. Sprinkle sugar on the top and prick holes with a fork in 3 places at an equal distance (Optional)
7. Grease a baking tray. Bake the biscuits at 325 F for 15 minutes.
8. Cool for couple of minutes before using the filling.
9. Apply the filling using a spoon on one biscuit and place the another biscuit over it.
10. Store in an air-tight container.
You may be interested in :