My sister's daughter is celebrating her Birthday today. On this special day, I have a wonderful recipe to be shared with you all. Let us all celebrate her Birthday with these yummy eggless coconut macaroons.
Macaroon is nothing but a light, baked confections, often described as either a small cake or cookie, depending on the consistency. A coconut macaroon is a type of macaroon most commonly found in the United States, The Netherlands (Kokosmakronen) and Germany. Coconut Macaroons are soft and chewy inside and crisp outside, similar to soft cookies. (Source : Wiki)
I saw the recipe for coconut macaroon in Mahi's Kitchen. But, I couldn't use her method completely as she used eggs in the recipe. I referred few eggless recipes on the net before I baked this eggless version. Thanks Mahi for the wonderful recipe.
1. Shredded Fresh Coconut or Dried Non-sweetened Coconut - 2 1/2 Cups
2. All purpose flour - 1/3 Cup
3. Sweetened condensed milk - 2/3 Cup
4. Salt - 1/4 tsp
5. Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
6. Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
7. Mixed nuts - 1/4 Cup (Broken)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the cookie tray.
2. Sieve flour and baking powder. Now, combine the sweetened condensed milk, salt and vanilla extract.
3. Stir in nuts and coconut. Mix well. Drop the mixture using a spoon onto the greased cookie tray.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or till they become golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
You may be interested in :
Who tried this recipe?
1. Priya Satheesh