Wish you all a very Happy Diwali :-)
We are celebrating this Diwali with our favourite Palkova. To prepare Palkova, all you need is patience, patience and patience. Long back, I prepared palkova with condensed milk using microwave in just few minutes, but this time I wanted to prepare it in the traditional way and it took me almost 3 hours :-)
1. Whole Milk - 1 Gallon
2. Sugar - 2 Cups or adjust to your taste
3. Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
4. Lemon Juice - 2 tsp
5. Ghee - 2 tsp
1. Pour milk on to a thick bottomed vessel.
2. Let the milk boil in medium flame for about 2 hours. Stir in between for every 4 to 5 minutes.
3. At the end of two hours,the milk would reduce to half the quantity. You may also notice the slight colour change in the milk.
4. Let it boil for another 45 minutes. Add lemon juice and sugar, when the colour of the milk changes to pinkish orange.