Potato candy is very easy and simple to make. This is very delicious with an unique flavour. People who love sugar candies should definitely try this. To prepare this candy roll, we need just a few basic ingredients that are easily available in the market.
This is one of my recipes that got published in Vikatan Deepavali Malar. I have just started to make sweets and savories for Deepavali. I will post them one by one soon.
1. Potato - 1(Small)
2. Powdered Sugar - 3/4 Kg to 1 Kg
3. Peanut Butter - 1 Jar (Store bought or homemade)
Homemade Peanut Butter :
1. Peanut - 1 Cup(Roasted)
2. Vegetable oil or peanut oil - 1 tbs
3. Salt - 1/2 tsp
4. Honey - 1 tsp(Optional)
Place all the above four ingredients in the blender. Blend till smooth.
1. Cook, peel and mash the potato. Add vanilla essence to the mashed potato.
2. Add sugar a little by little. Keep mixing with a spoon. At first, the mixture would be runny but as you keep adding the sugar, it would attain the chappathi dough consistency.
3. Knead well. The dough should be soft and it should not stick to your hands. If the dough is sticky, add more of powdered sugar.
4. Spread a plastic sheet, dust some powdered sugar.Divide the dough in to two equal parts. Take one part and roll out like chapathi. the thickness should be 1/2".
5. Spread the peanut butter over the rolled out dough. You can add as much as you want. This depends on your taste.
6. Now, carefully start to roll the dough from one edge. When the roll is formed, slice it with the knife.
7. Repeat the same process for another part also.
8. Refrigerate and serve chilled.
9. You will get about 25 Potato Peanut Butter Candy rolls.
Here are the few sweet ideas for this Diwali. Please click on the pictures to go to the recipes.