Yesterday, I made this savory treat. Ribbon pakoda is very easy to prepare and I don't think anyone would go wrong in preparing this crispy snack.
1. Rice flour - 2 cups
2. Besan - 1/4 Cup
3. chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
4. Butter - 1/3 tbs
5. Salt - Needed qty
6. Garlic - 2 cloves
7. Oil - For frying
1. Crush garlic cloves. Put it in 1/4 cup of water. Allow it to stand for atleast 15 minutes. Now, filter and Keep the garlic water aside.
2. Add all the dry ingredients and butter together. Now sprinkle the garlic water over it.
3. Use some more water to make a soft dough. the dough should be soft like chapathi dough.
4. Grease the inner side of the Murukku presser with oil. Place the ribbon pakoda plate in the press.
7. Stuff it with the dough.
8. Heat oil. Medium the heat and press the ribbon pakoda over hot oil.
9. Keep till it turns golden brown and crisp.
10.Store in an air-tight container.
Few other savory ideas for Diwali. Click on the image to go to the respective recipe.
For Diwali Sweet ideas go here