Uppu kozhukattai is a delicious snack. This is quick and easy to prepare.
1. Rice Flour - 1 cup
2. Coconut(Grated) - 1/2 cup
4. Oil - 1 teaspoon
5. Salt - Needed Qty
For Tempering :
1. Oil - 4 tsp
2. Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
3. Curry Leaves - Few
4. Red Chillies - 3
5. Urad dhal - 1 tsp
1. Mix flour, salt, oil and coconut together.
2. Boil water. Add water a little by little to the flour while kneading the dough.
3. Make a soft dough.
4. Roll out the dough in to small balls.
5. Steam cook in the idly steamer for 10 minutes.
5. In a pan, heat oil. Splutter mustard. Add red chillies, urad dhal and curry leaves. Fry for a minute.
6. Remove the pan from stove. Add the kozhukattai and mix well.
7. Serve immediately or later.